Ramsey Farm closed a deal Nov. 2 to sell Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Stephanie's Kitten to the Katsumi Yoshida's Northern Farm in Japan for $2.8 million.
Favored Stephanie's Kitten drove clear down the stretch on the outside to register her first win of the year Sept. 27 in the $600,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) on the grass at Belmont Park.
Stephanie's Kitten came back of the layup and got the job done May 4 in the Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs. Hungry Island, winner of the same race in 2012, was second by a neck.
With an eye-catching final burst, favored Stephanie's Kitten prevailed by a half-length in the $200,000 Woodford Reserve Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) on the inner turf course at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 19.
Last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) winner Stephanie's Kitten returned to the Churchill Downs turf course and put in another dominating performance, setting a stakes record in the Edgewood Stakes.
Ken and Sarah Ramseys' Stephanie's Kitten, a homebred daughter of Kitten's Joy, rallies to catch Stopshoppingmaria late to win the Nov. 4 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Infinite Wisdom in Wide-Open Oceanport
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy