Making his stakes debut for trainer Neil Drysdale, Dreamy Kid caught hot 1-2 favorite Coil at the wire for a head victory in the $150,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) July 9 at Hollywood Park.
After living up to his billing with a win in the Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) last month, fast-improving Coil appears ready to strike again in the $150,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) July 9 at Hollywood Park.
Southern California shipper Thirtyfirststreet, making his first start on turf at odds of 21-1, took advantage of a crawling pace to edge Close Ally by a half-length in the $200,000 Lone Star Derby May 30.
Game On Dude, trained by Bob Baffert, and Thiskyhasnolimit, from the Steve Asmussen barn, headline the $300,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III), the featured event on the Texas track's Memorial Day program May 30.
Three-year-olds Awesome Patriot, Coil, Jaycito, Smash, The Factor, and Uncle Sam could all be major players for Bob Baffert during the second half of the 2011 season.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Tapizar will be the likely favorite in the 1 1/16-mile Sham Stakes (gr. III) based off his dominating 10 1/2-length maiden victory in November at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin