Willmott Stable's Eddington, a major contender in the 3-year-old division all season for trainer Mark Hennig, makes his grass course debut in the Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles Saturday.
Trainer Nick Zito and jockey Jerry Bailey, the connections for even-money favorite Birdstone who drew the rail for the $500,000 Lane's End Stakes, will also join forces Saturday with El Prado Rob, who drew the rail for the Rushaway Stakes on the undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx