Texas stallion Unbridled's Heart, whose first foals are 2-year-olds this year, died June 8 from complications of colic at Lone Star Park Equine Hospital. The son of Unbridled's Song was 10.
Unbridled's Heart, a son of top sire Unbridled's Song, will relocate to Wes Melcher's Double Infinity Ranch in Texas for the 2015 breeding season. He is the first stallion for the operation near Sulphur Springs.
With the heavy money going on the highly touted maiden winner Unbridled's Heart, it was the stakes-placed Mint Lane who took control of the 1 1/16-mile Postponed Stakes at Belmont Friday and cruised to a 5 3/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications