Texas stallion Unbridled's Heart, whose first foals are 2-year-olds this year, died June 8 from complications of colic at Lone Star Park Equine Hospital. The son of Unbridled's Song was 10.
Unbridled's Heart, a son of top sire Unbridled's Song, will relocate to Wes Melcher's Double Infinity Ranch in Texas for the 2015 breeding season. He is the first stallion for the operation near Sulphur Springs.
With the heavy money going on the highly touted maiden winner Unbridled's Heart, it was the stakes-placed Mint Lane who took control of the 1 1/16-mile Postponed Stakes at Belmont Friday and cruised to a 5 3/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar