Gulfstream Park sets increases in purses and number of stakes for 2016, as it aims to draw top horses and large fields to its spring-summer meet.
Dream of Me and It's High Time secured victories in divisions of the Florida Sire stakes series for 2-year-olds and 2-year-old fillies Saturday, Aug. 8 at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Chris Landeros won his 1,000th race Sept. 7 when he guided Major Marvel to victory in the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes at Louisiana Downs.
Trainer Marty Wolfson sent out back-to-back stakes winners during Calder's Summit Preview June 13 when Andrew Rosen's 3-year-old filly First Passage won the $95,500 Leave Me Alone Stakes. One race earlier, Wolfson-trained You Luckie Mann won the $84,000 Unbridled Stakes.
Trainers Marty Wolfson and Kirk Ziadie will saddle multiple sprint contenders in the Summit Preview stakes June 13 at Calder Race Course as leading local division leaders bid for a berth in one of the rich stakes to be run on the $1.45 million Summit of Speed program on July 11.
Padua Stables' Electrify won the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes for 3-year-olds by an eye-catching eight lengths over favored Saint Augustus at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Homebred Hal's Image won the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes for 3-year-olds at Calder Race Course on Saturday for the Rose Family Stable and trainer Barry Rose.
Favored Hear No Evil registered an impressive gate to wire victory in Saturday's $100,000 Unbridled Stakes at Calder Race Course with jockey Eduardo Nunez in the irons.
William and Annabel Murphy's homebred The Name's Bond should be a solid choice to win for the fourth time in his last five starts Saturday as he faces six rival 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap