Bulldog Racing's Alpha Bettor and Melynk Racing Stable's James Street meet again in the $150,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 10 after putting on a show in the Oct. 6 Durham Cup (Can-III).
Bulldog Racing's Alpha Bettor came from off the pace Aug. 3 to win the $153,343 Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine for a second straight time.
The past two Seagram Cup Stakes (Can-III) winners will meet in this year's edition when 2012's Alpha Bettor and 2011's James Street start Aug. 3 in the 1 1/16-mile race at Woodbine.
Trainer Mark Casse entered Prospective and Stealcase in the $150,000 Ontario Derby at Woodbine Sept. 16, but only expects one to run. Casse will also send out Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners and Gary Barber's Patrioticandproud.
Dixie Strike, impressive winner of the Prince of Wales last month, is the 5-2 morning line favorite from a field of 14 entered for the Breeders' Stakes, the final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine Aug. 5.
The filly Dixie Strike, closing from well out on the track, edged past Colleen's Sailor just past the furlong pole to capture the $493,153 Prince of Wales Stakes July 15 in what could be the race's final renewal at Fort Erie.
Irish Mission, runner-up in the Queen's Plate last month, takes on males once more in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes as the 5-2 morning line favorite at Fort Erie racetrack in Ontario July 15.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay