Favored Sudan, a group I winner in Italy last year, got his first U.S. win for trainer Bobby Frankel when he outclassed his six rivals with a front-running victory in the $100,000 Golden Gate Fields Turf (gr. IIIT) at the California track.
A group I winner in Italy and group placed on several occasions in France, Gary Tanaka's Sudan will tackle seven rivals in the $100,000 Golden Gate Fields Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 31. All of the older horses will carry 123 pounds.
Favored El Roblar, making just his second start following a layoff of 10 months for trainer Richard Mandella,held off all challengers to win the $109,500 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Trainer Bobby Frankel takes aim at Hollywood Park's $100,000 Inglewood Handicap (gr. III) on May 3 with three entrants: Heroi Do Bafra, Hello Sunday and Storm Military.
Marylou Whitney Stable's International Cat, already a winner at the meeting, is part of a contentious field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Friday's $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon at 1 1/16 miles on the Keeneland turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Art Exhibit and Sale at Santa Anita Park
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions