Favored Sudan, a group I winner in Italy last year, got his first U.S. win for trainer Bobby Frankel when he outclassed his six rivals with a front-running victory in the $100,000 Golden Gate Fields Turf (gr. IIIT) at the California track.
A group I winner in Italy and group placed on several occasions in France, Gary Tanaka's Sudan will tackle seven rivals in the $100,000 Golden Gate Fields Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 31. All of the older horses will carry 123 pounds.
Favored El Roblar, making just his second start following a layoff of 10 months for trainer Richard Mandella,held off all challengers to win the $109,500 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Trainer Bobby Frankel takes aim at Hollywood Park's $100,000 Inglewood Handicap (gr. III) on May 3 with three entrants: Heroi Do Bafra, Hello Sunday and Storm Military.
Marylou Whitney Stable's International Cat, already a winner at the meeting, is part of a contentious field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Friday's $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon at 1 1/16 miles on the Keeneland turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes