Favored Sudan, a group I winner in Italy last year, got his first U.S. win for trainer Bobby Frankel when he outclassed his six rivals with a front-running victory in the $100,000 Golden Gate Fields Turf (gr. IIIT) at the California track.
A group I winner in Italy and group placed on several occasions in France, Gary Tanaka's Sudan will tackle seven rivals in the $100,000 Golden Gate Fields Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 31. All of the older horses will carry 123 pounds.
Favored El Roblar, making just his second start following a layoff of 10 months for trainer Richard Mandella,held off all challengers to win the $109,500 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Trainer Bobby Frankel takes aim at Hollywood Park's $100,000 Inglewood Handicap (gr. III) on May 3 with three entrants: Heroi Do Bafra, Hello Sunday and Storm Military.
Marylou Whitney Stable's International Cat, already a winner at the meeting, is part of a contentious field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Friday's $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon at 1 1/16 miles on the Keeneland turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos