South African runner Ice Cube appears to be the strongest entrant for Thursday's UAE Two Thousand Guineas (UAE-III). The race is one of six stakes races on the second day of the Dubai Racing Carnival.
For the second straight year Godolphin's Best of the Bests won the Maktoum Challenge Round II (UAE-III) at Nad Al Sheba Thursday night, but the stable is uncertain he'll go on to participate in the prestigious Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) as he did last year.
Five days after American-based 3-year-olds went seven furlongs in the Hutcheson and San Vicente Stakes, those based in Dubai will attempt the same distance in a prep for the UAE Two Thousand Guineas at Nad Al Sheeba Thursday. As Godolphin sends out three horses, the race may have some impact on the American Triple Crown scene.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired