2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner and former U.S. classics hopeful Alpha is set to make his Dubai debut Feb. 7 in the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge Round 2 (UAE-II) Sponsored by Tabloid.
The decision of Australian jockey Kerrin McEvoy to prolong his first trip to Dubai and resist the lure of the rich Autumn Carnival in Sydney paid immediate dividends when the former French-trained filly Mezzo Soprano won the US$250,000 UAE One Thousand Guineas at Nad Al Sheba Thursday night.
Godolphin Racing's Tempera, the North American champion 2-year-old filly last year, finished a well-beaten second to stablemate Infinite Spirit in the $250,000 UAE One Thousand Guineas at Nad al Sheba Racecourse Thursday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing