2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner and former U.S. classics hopeful Alpha is set to make his Dubai debut Feb. 7 in the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge Round 2 (UAE-II) Sponsored by Tabloid.
The decision of Australian jockey Kerrin McEvoy to prolong his first trip to Dubai and resist the lure of the rich Autumn Carnival in Sydney paid immediate dividends when the former French-trained filly Mezzo Soprano won the US$250,000 UAE One Thousand Guineas at Nad Al Sheba Thursday night.
Godolphin Racing's Tempera, the North American champion 2-year-old filly last year, finished a well-beaten second to stablemate Infinite Spirit in the $250,000 UAE One Thousand Guineas at Nad al Sheba Racecourse Thursday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North