Trainer Michael Stoute notified Breeders' Cup officials at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 6 that Workforce, the morning-line favorite for the Emirates Airline Turf (gr. IT), would not run in the race at Churchill Downs.
J. B.'s Thunder earned his way into the Breeders' Cup Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) with a front-running romp in the $400,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland Oct. 9.
Carolyn and Karen Scisney's homebred Maybesomaybenot, winner of the Sanford (gr. II), headlines a field of 11 in the $400,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) for 2-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles on the Polytrack.
Making his turf debut, maiden Soldat seized the lead at the head of the stretch and scored a convincing three-length win in the $100,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets