Turfway Park has promoted Tyler Picklesimer to the position of director of racing and racing secretary for the Northern Kentucky Thoroughbred racetrack.
Colonial Downs will offer $1,755,000 in purse money for its 16 stakes in 2013. The meet is highlighted by the 16th running of the $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT).
If entries for the first two programs are any indication, Colonial Downs in Virginia should have a strong meet from a wagering perspective. Entries total 231 horses for the first two days.
Colonial Downs announced its 2010 summer stakes schedule and it again is highlighted by a pair of grade II turf races for 3-year olds -- the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup June 19 and the $600,000 Virginia Derby July 17.
For the first time in 10 years, Colonial Downs has amended its weekly race schedule, adding Wednesday cards in place of Fridays
Colonial Downs will host 17 stakes races, including a pair of grade II turf stakes, during the 2009 summer Thoroughbred meet which runs from June 5 â€" July 28. A total of $2.2 million will be doled out in stakes purses over the eight week, 40 day season.
Colonial Downs will kick off its 13th annual Thoroughbred racing season June 12 and will continue an eight week, 40-day meet through Aug. 4.
Colonial Downs general manager Iain Woolnough April 9 announced the hiring of Tyler Picklesimer as racing secretary for its upcoming meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- Chasing Landaluce