Jim Tafel's homebred Country Flavor, making his stakes debut for trainer Greg Geier, scored a 21-1 stunner in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park May 29.
Gran Estreno, a former claimer who registered his first graded stakes victory at Arlington Park last summer to cap a six-race winning streak, returns to his favorite track for the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Stakes (gr. III) May 29.
Jockey Garrett Gomez guided favorite Hyperbaric to victory in the $200,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) to collect his 3,000th career win in impressive style at Santa Anita Sept. 28.
Jack Preston, owner of Prestonwood Racing, and trainer Julio Canani could have another shot at the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in their future with Hyperbaric, who appears to be the horse to beat in the $200,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf Sept. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge
- Bad Debt, Philly Ace Tropical Turf Topweights
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look