Excessivepleasure became the latest California-bred millionaire Saturday when he finished third in the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) at Nad al Sheba.
Fleetstreet Dancer, winless for the past year, fought back like a champion in the shadow of the finish line, coming back under jockey Jon Court at odds of 48-1 to shock odds-on favorite Admire Don and win the $2-million Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) by a nose at a drenched Tokyo race course on Saturday.
Excessivepleasure, ridden by Jon Court, upset 1-2 favorite Champali with a gate-to-wire track-record romp in the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.
Under strong urging from jockey Pat Day, Excessivepleasure fought off favored Spensive and Apalachian Thunder to record a neck victory in Sunday's $500,000 WinStar Derby at Sunland Park in New Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win