Excessivepleasure became the latest California-bred millionaire Saturday when he finished third in the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) at Nad al Sheba.
Fleetstreet Dancer, winless for the past year, fought back like a champion in the shadow of the finish line, coming back under jockey Jon Court at odds of 48-1 to shock odds-on favorite Admire Don and win the $2-million Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) by a nose at a drenched Tokyo race course on Saturday.
Excessivepleasure, ridden by Jon Court, upset 1-2 favorite Champali with a gate-to-wire track-record romp in the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.
Under strong urging from jockey Pat Day, Excessivepleasure fought off favored Spensive and Apalachian Thunder to record a neck victory in Sunday's $500,000 WinStar Derby at Sunland Park in New Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Brisnet.com Ultimate Guide to Aqueduct Inner
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics