Excessivepleasure became the latest California-bred millionaire Saturday when he finished third in the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) at Nad al Sheba.
Fleetstreet Dancer, winless for the past year, fought back like a champion in the shadow of the finish line, coming back under jockey Jon Court at odds of 48-1 to shock odds-on favorite Admire Don and win the $2-million Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) by a nose at a drenched Tokyo race course on Saturday.
Excessivepleasure, ridden by Jon Court, upset 1-2 favorite Champali with a gate-to-wire track-record romp in the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.
Under strong urging from jockey Pat Day, Excessivepleasure fought off favored Spensive and Apalachian Thunder to record a neck victory in Sunday's $500,000 WinStar Derby at Sunland Park in New Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas