Excessivepleasure became the latest California-bred millionaire Saturday when he finished third in the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) at Nad al Sheba.
Fleetstreet Dancer, winless for the past year, fought back like a champion in the shadow of the finish line, coming back under jockey Jon Court at odds of 48-1 to shock odds-on favorite Admire Don and win the $2-million Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) by a nose at a drenched Tokyo race course on Saturday.
Excessivepleasure, ridden by Jon Court, upset 1-2 favorite Champali with a gate-to-wire track-record romp in the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.
Under strong urging from jockey Pat Day, Excessivepleasure fought off favored Spensive and Apalachian Thunder to record a neck victory in Sunday's $500,000 WinStar Derby at Sunland Park in New Mexico.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Venus de Milo, Narniyn Square Off in Nassau
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack