A large increase in entries to more than 1,200 horses has prompted Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. to expand its June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age to four days.
Claire Novak and Frank Angst handicap the Dania Beach Stakes for 2-year-olds. watch video
- By Ron Mitchell
Steve Haskin discusses the Eclipse Awards for the 2-year-old divisions.
Tom and Pete look at the performance of 2-year-olds in 2012 and discuss who holds promise for a shot at the Triple Crown. watch video
- By Pete Denk
Stallion profile emerges for two-time Horse of the Year read blog
The first foals by Big Brown are now ready to run. Enjoy this video produced by Three Chimneys Farm, of them in action. watch video
Shari Eisaman talks about what she sees in young horses that indicates they will do well at the racetrack read blog
What was good and what was bad about the 2011 select selling season for 2-year-olds in training. Read Blog
The Buy-Back Dilemma: Can Anything Be Done to Get More Select 2-Year-Olds Sold? The high buy-back rate for select 2-year-olds is a big concern. Read Blog
Irish stallion Invincible Spirit has shattered the world record mark for 2-year-old winners in a year.
Past success in Japan with purchases at the Barretts March sale led Chikura Takahashi to return in force for the selected 2-year-olds in training sale March 22.
For the first time in recent memory -- maybe for the first time ever -- Turfway has scheduled a 2-year-old race at the tail end of its winter-spring meet. The two-furlong, $29,400 event has lured a field of 10: six fillies, three colts, and a gelding. It's carded as the first race.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success