With three select sales of 2-year-olds in training in the month of March, consignors and buyers have been busy participating in the bloodstock market's version of March Madness.
The heyday of the 2000s was exciting, but now we need realistic values and fair profits read blog
More Optimism Than Pessimism As Select 2YO Selling Season Approaches read blog
One of the most fun things about summer racing is watching the 2-year-olds emerge, especially at Saratoga, where many well-bred youngsters start for the first time. Read Blog
The Factor went postward as one of the most hyped two-year-old maidens of the year. A TrueNicks pedigree profile. Read Blog
Robbies and Emmas Racing Stables' two-year-old filly Robbie's Gal just missed winning the $100,000 John Franks Juvenile Fillies Turf last month when she finished second by a neck behind Wise Cookie, but she returned to the Calder turf on Sunday to get her first stakes victory in the $75,000 Live Oak Georgia Debutante Stakes.
Juvenile Champion Stevie Wonderboy, winner of the 2005 Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), has been retired from racing and will stand at Brereton Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
A 2-year-old racing series tied to participation in the National Thoroughbred Racing Association through auction- or foal registration-related contributions was announced Monday by the NTRA.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies