Two Trail Sioux, a grade II-winning daughter of Indian Charlie, has been retired from racing and is booked to Ghostzapper.
There was a big shadow cast at Saratoga Friday, and it was Shadow Cast who was responsible as the 4-year-old Smart Strike filly upset heavily favored Ashado in the $400,000 Personal Ensign (gr. I) at Saratoga.
Starlight Stables and partners' Ashado is arguably the dominant older filly and mare in North America. The questions remaining are: Can she get any better? And, can anyone get close to her?
Island Sand, the only grade I winner in the field, stormed past Two Trail Sioux in mid-stretch and registered a powerful victory in Saturday's $1 million Delaware Handicap (gr. II), the richest race in Delaware Park history.
Isola Piu Bella, a three-time stakes winner this year, will take on 11 rivals as the slight 7-2 morning line favorite in Sunday's Delaware Handicap (gr. II).
Challenged from all sides in deep stretch, determined front-runner Two Trail Sioux refused to give way, holding on for a one-length win in the $330,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic