Optimizer has been a different horse since he moved to the grass, and streaks into the March 30 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds with two graded stakes scores under his girth.
Optimizer hopped at the break of the $150,000 Fair Grounds Handicap (gr. IIIT) but drew clear in the end, earning his second straight victory over the turf at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Feb. 23.
King David has a chance to prove his Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) upset was no fluke when he joins an overflow field of 16 starters for the $100,000 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 17 at Churchill Downs.
In a driving rainstorm at Hawthorne Oct. 13, Two Months Rent emerged from the pack at mid-stretch to chase down Film Shot in the final yards for a neck victory at 20-1 odds in the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT).
- By Pete Denk
Pete likes a sharp local horse to get the riches. read blog
Bluegrass Hall's homebred Optimizer continued his climb through conditions on the turf with a powerful 4 1/4-length win in the $200,625 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park Sept. 22, earning his first graded stakes score.
American Derby winner Cozzetti seeks a return to winning ways in the $200,000 Kent Stakes at Delaware Park Sept. 22, but plenty of new rivals including Lucky Chappy, Miami Cat, and Optimizer are ready to take him on.
Grade I winner Purim was represented by his first winner when his son Two Months Rent won a maiden special weight turf race at Belmont Park Oct. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series