Riskaverse, making her second start following a seven-moth layoff, figures to be the one to beat in Churchill Downs' $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday.
Stay Forever came from the rear of the pack with a huge rush down the center of the track in the final stages to nip Sand Springs for victory in the $168,300 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Trainer Tony Reinstedler knows his talented filly Sand Springs has a stubborn streak, so her behavior since her last race tells him she's ready for a big effort in Saturday's $150,000-added Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes