Jim McAleney and Jono Jones recorded riding doubles, Lorne Richards had the training double and Barbeau Ruckus was the only repeat winner, during the 2006 edition of Woodbine's Yearling Sales Stakes day on Monday.
Judiths Wild Rush, Canada's champion sprinter in 2005, made it back-to-back wins in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on Saturday with a four-length score.
After stalking the pace throughout most of the 6 ½-furlong $141,250 Bold Venture Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, I'm the Tiger, piloted by Todd Kabel, pounced on his rivals.
Queen's Plate hopeful Twisted Wit turned in a smart 2004 debut, winning the $166,350 Queenston Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Woodbine on Saturday.
Up-and-comer A Bit O'Gold, undefeated in two career starts, is the morning line favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds at Woodbine.
A solid field of nine, which includes stakes winners Twisted Wit, Bachelor Blues and San Diego Blowout, has been drawn for Sunday's $276,000 Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Rolph Davis' Twisted Wit, a 2-year-old son of Distorted Humor, kept his record unblemished as he fashioned a late stretch charge to take the featured $163,350 Vandal Stakes, Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced