Jim McAleney and Jono Jones recorded riding doubles, Lorne Richards had the training double and Barbeau Ruckus was the only repeat winner, during the 2006 edition of Woodbine's Yearling Sales Stakes day on Monday.
Judiths Wild Rush, Canada's champion sprinter in 2005, made it back-to-back wins in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on Saturday with a four-length score.
After stalking the pace throughout most of the 6 ½-furlong $141,250 Bold Venture Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, I'm the Tiger, piloted by Todd Kabel, pounced on his rivals.
Queen's Plate hopeful Twisted Wit turned in a smart 2004 debut, winning the $166,350 Queenston Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Woodbine on Saturday.
Up-and-comer A Bit O'Gold, undefeated in two career starts, is the morning line favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds at Woodbine.
A solid field of nine, which includes stakes winners Twisted Wit, Bachelor Blues and San Diego Blowout, has been drawn for Sunday's $276,000 Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Rolph Davis' Twisted Wit, a 2-year-old son of Distorted Humor, kept his record unblemished as he fashioned a late stretch charge to take the featured $163,350 Vandal Stakes, Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset