Jim McAleney and Jono Jones recorded riding doubles, Lorne Richards had the training double and Barbeau Ruckus was the only repeat winner, during the 2006 edition of Woodbine's Yearling Sales Stakes day on Monday.
Judiths Wild Rush, Canada's champion sprinter in 2005, made it back-to-back wins in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine on Saturday with a four-length score.
After stalking the pace throughout most of the 6 ½-furlong $141,250 Bold Venture Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, I'm the Tiger, piloted by Todd Kabel, pounced on his rivals.
Queen's Plate hopeful Twisted Wit turned in a smart 2004 debut, winning the $166,350 Queenston Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Woodbine on Saturday.
Up-and-comer A Bit O'Gold, undefeated in two career starts, is the morning line favorite in Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds at Woodbine.
A solid field of nine, which includes stakes winners Twisted Wit, Bachelor Blues and San Diego Blowout, has been drawn for Sunday's $276,000 Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Rolph Davis' Twisted Wit, a 2-year-old son of Distorted Humor, kept his record unblemished as he fashioned a late stretch charge to take the featured $163,350 Vandal Stakes, Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth