Following a one-day delay in the under tack show due to inclement weather, the Texas Thoroughbred Association’s sale of 2-year-olds in training remains on track for April 4, with an amended starting time.
A daughter of Half Ours topped the inaugural Equine Sales Co. of Louisiana's 2-year-olds in training and horse of racing age sale April 28 in Opelousas, selling for $69,000 to Ralph Wadleigh's Energy Solutions Consultants.
Fasig-Tipton Texas' 2-year-olds sale offered older horses for first time.
For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Fillies by Flashy Bull and Kafwain were among the standouts April 3 during the under-tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training. They each worked an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5.
Champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Answer Lively died earlier this year of a heart attack at Ed Milligan Jr.'s Twin Oaks Training Center near Murchison, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham