Following a one-day delay in the under tack show due to inclement weather, the Texas Thoroughbred Association’s sale of 2-year-olds in training remains on track for April 4, with an amended starting time.
A daughter of Half Ours topped the inaugural Equine Sales Co. of Louisiana's 2-year-olds in training and horse of racing age sale April 28 in Opelousas, selling for $69,000 to Ralph Wadleigh's Energy Solutions Consultants.
Fasig-Tipton Texas' 2-year-olds sale offered older horses for first time.
For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Fillies by Flashy Bull and Kafwain were among the standouts April 3 during the under-tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training. They each worked an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5.
Champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Answer Lively died earlier this year of a heart attack at Ed Milligan Jr.'s Twin Oaks Training Center near Murchison, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II