The Equine Rosie the RIveter
The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: to breed Triple Crown runners and, hopefully, winners.
Mahubah's Corner columnist Avalyn Hunter reflects on the broodmare records of Rachel Alexandra's historic peers -- the four other 3-year-old filly Horses of the Year.
With her scheduled start against older males in the Woodward Stakes (gr. I) Saturday, Sept. 5, Rachel Alexandra is taking a path seldom traveled by 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill