The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: to breed Triple Crown runners and, hopefully, winners.
Mahubah's Corner columnist Avalyn Hunter reflects on the broodmare records of Rachel Alexandra's historic peers -- the four other 3-year-old filly Horses of the Year.
With her scheduled start against older males in the Woodward Stakes (gr. I) Saturday, Sept. 5, Rachel Alexandra is taking a path seldom traveled by 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- An Early Look at the Belmont Stakes
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000