The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: to breed Triple Crown runners and, hopefully, winners.
Mahubah's Corner columnist Avalyn Hunter reflects on the broodmare records of Rachel Alexandra's historic peers -- the four other 3-year-old filly Horses of the Year.
With her scheduled start against older males in the Woodward Stakes (gr. I) Saturday, Sept. 5, Rachel Alexandra is taking a path seldom traveled by 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al