Images from the Breeders' Cup career of D. Wayne Lukas. view slideshow
Twilight Ridge, winner of the 1985 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), died April 2 at Mike Rutherford's Manchester Farm. At 30, she was the oldest living Breeders' Cup victress.
Jacks or Better Farm's homebred Awesome Feather, who swept the Florida Stallion Series for fillies at Calder this fall, has a big shot in Friday's $2 million Breeder's Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Cloverleaf Farm's grade II winner Congrats makes his Calder debut in his first start for trainer Kathleen O'Connell facing nine rivals in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III).
High Strike Zone held off even-money favorite Supah Blitz to win his first graded stakes race, the $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified