Images from the Breeders' Cup career of D. Wayne Lukas. view slideshow
Twilight Ridge, winner of the 1985 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), died April 2 at Mike Rutherford's Manchester Farm. At 30, she was the oldest living Breeders' Cup victress.
Jacks or Better Farm's homebred Awesome Feather, who swept the Florida Stallion Series for fillies at Calder this fall, has a big shot in Friday's $2 million Breeder's Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Cloverleaf Farm's grade II winner Congrats makes his Calder debut in his first start for trainer Kathleen O'Connell facing nine rivals in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III).
High Strike Zone held off even-money favorite Supah Blitz to win his first graded stakes race, the $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- RMTC Nears Recommendation on Calming Agent
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot