Images from the Breeders' Cup career of D. Wayne Lukas. view slideshow
Twilight Ridge, winner of the 1985 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), died April 2 at Mike Rutherford's Manchester Farm. At 30, she was the oldest living Breeders' Cup victress.
Jacks or Better Farm's homebred Awesome Feather, who swept the Florida Stallion Series for fillies at Calder this fall, has a big shot in Friday's $2 million Breeder's Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Cloverleaf Farm's grade II winner Congrats makes his Calder debut in his first start for trainer Kathleen O'Connell facing nine rivals in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III).
High Strike Zone held off even-money favorite Supah Blitz to win his first graded stakes race, the $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial