The TV Games Network is enjoying record growth due to the opening of Hollywood Park, the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), and an increasing popularity in Quarter Horse racing at Los Alamitos.
A partnership between Magna Entertainment, Greenwood Racing, and real estate investors Robert Baker and William Mack is pursuing the purchase of New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. The partners are one of five groups that submitted formal bids late Friday for the nation's most lucrative OTB franchise. NYCOTB owns 68 betting parlors, three teletheaters, and four restaurant-sports pubs that generated a $1 billion handle last fiscal year.
Second quarter losses and a failure to fully disclose all financial information at once caused Gemstar-TV Guide stock to tumble. Quarterly results were mixed for the division that operates the TV Games Network.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30