Breeders' Cup winner Concern and champion steeplechaser Tuscalee are the newest inductees into the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
- By Vic Zast
One jockey, five horses and Belmont II and Mellon honored. read blog
Honoring the 2013 Hall of Fame inductees. View Slideshow
Jockey Calvin Borel was the star of the show Aug. 9 at the Fasig-Tipton Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as he led seven other inductees into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Three-time Kentucky Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel headlines the 2013 class for the Hall of Fame. Joining him will be Housebuster, Invasor, Lure, and steeplechase greats McDynamo and Tuscalee.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts