Breeders' Cup winner Concern and champion steeplechaser Tuscalee are the newest inductees into the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
- By Vic Zast
One jockey, five horses and Belmont II and Mellon honored. read blog
Honoring the 2013 Hall of Fame inductees. View Slideshow
Jockey Calvin Borel was the star of the show Aug. 9 at the Fasig-Tipton Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as he led seven other inductees into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Three-time Kentucky Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel headlines the 2013 class for the Hall of Fame. Joining him will be Housebuster, Invasor, Lure, and steeplechase greats McDynamo and Tuscalee.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham