Breeders' Cup winner Concern and champion steeplechaser Tuscalee are the newest inductees into the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
- By Vic Zast
One jockey, five horses and Belmont II and Mellon honored. read blog
Honoring the 2013 Hall of Fame inductees. View Slideshow
Jockey Calvin Borel was the star of the show Aug. 9 at the Fasig-Tipton Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as he led seven other inductees into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Three-time Kentucky Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel headlines the 2013 class for the Hall of Fame. Joining him will be Housebuster, Invasor, Lure, and steeplechase greats McDynamo and Tuscalee.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland