Breeders' Cup winner Concern and champion steeplechaser Tuscalee are the newest inductees into the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
- By Vic Zast
One jockey, five horses and Belmont II and Mellon honored. read blog
Honoring the 2013 Hall of Fame inductees. View Slideshow
Jockey Calvin Borel was the star of the show Aug. 9 at the Fasig-Tipton Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as he led seven other inductees into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Three-time Kentucky Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel headlines the 2013 class for the Hall of Fame. Joining him will be Housebuster, Invasor, Lure, and steeplechase greats McDynamo and Tuscalee.
Most Popular Stories
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Silviniaco Conti Wins 2nd King George Chase
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection