Castleton Lyons' Irish-bred Chiming, winner of just two of 22 races, captured Saturday's $107,500 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at Bay Meadows.
A classy field of eight, headed by Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) winner Noches de Rosa, is entered for the $150,000 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the Bay Meadows turf Saturday.
The little filly Dublino, making her 2003 seasonal debut, unleashed her reliably powerful stretch run to pull away in Sunday's $111,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Laura de Seroux, who enjoyed an unprecedented ascent last year when guiding 4-year-old filly Azeri to Horse of the Year recognition, seems to have Sunday's $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) surrounded at Hollywood Park.
Final Destination, a graded stakes winner on two continents, seeks her sixth straight victory Sunday in the Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT), a $100,000-added test for fillies and mares at one mile on turf.
There are 91 horses competing in the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races Saturday at Arlington Park. Of them, only three will not run on Salix.
With Belmont Park's Fall Championship Meet winding down, local racing fans will see fewer Bobby Frankel trainees compete in a New York stakes race. But before Frankel's horses head west, three will compete in Monday's $100,000 Pebbles Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile on a special Columbus Day card at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win