Castleton Lyons' Irish-bred Chiming, winner of just two of 22 races, captured Saturday's $107,500 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares at Bay Meadows.
A classy field of eight, headed by Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) winner Noches de Rosa, is entered for the $150,000 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the Bay Meadows turf Saturday.
The little filly Dublino, making her 2003 seasonal debut, unleashed her reliably powerful stretch run to pull away in Sunday's $111,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Laura de Seroux, who enjoyed an unprecedented ascent last year when guiding 4-year-old filly Azeri to Horse of the Year recognition, seems to have Sunday's $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) surrounded at Hollywood Park.
Final Destination, a graded stakes winner on two continents, seeks her sixth straight victory Sunday in the Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT), a $100,000-added test for fillies and mares at one mile on turf.
There are 91 horses competing in the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races Saturday at Arlington Park. Of them, only three will not run on Salix.
With Belmont Park's Fall Championship Meet winding down, local racing fans will see fewer Bobby Frankel trainees compete in a New York stakes race. But before Frankel's horses head west, three will compete in Monday's $100,000 Pebbles Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile on a special Columbus Day card at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Tommy Town to Stand GI Winner Boisterous
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turn Back the Alarm
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Texas Sire Scrimshaw Relocates to Keen Farms