Favored Porte Bonheur showed needed improvement in her second start of the year when she wore down Spritely in the final strides to post a nose victory in the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park June 28.
Carolyn's Cat, wire-to-wire winner last out in the Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II), will look to take her five older filly and mare rivals all the way again when she goes to post for the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) June 28 at Belmont Park.
Final Fling came off the rail in the home stretch to overtake Grace Anatomy en route to an upset win in the $108,900 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 13. Odds-on favorite Turn Away was pulled out of the race on the final turn.
The $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita, postponed Jan. 5 due to the unsafe condition of the course's new Cushion Track following a powerful storm, returns with its original field of 3-year-old fillies intact Jan. 13.
Trainer Bobby Frankel brings out another of his Empire Maker youngsters, Juddmonte Farms' homebred Turn Away, in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita Cushion Track Jan. 5.
Lewis Lakin's Pure Clan remained unbeaten and earned her fourth career victory as she unleashed a powerful late run in the $250,000 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs on Nov. 24.
Lewis Lakin's Pure Clan, unbeaten in three career starts, will stretch out to 1 1/16 miles and aim for grade II status when she heads to the post against eight other 2-year-old fillies in the $250,000 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Nov. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot