A striking chestnut filly by Distorted Humor and a half sister to Point Given sells for $875,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale.
Turbo Launch, whose grandson Point Given was a Horse of the Year, died June 5 at Dr. Tom Bowman's farm in Maryland.
Two top fillies are out of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
John Oxley's Perfect Story, a half-sister to Horse of the Year Point Given, drew off to a 3 3/4-length victory under jockey Pat Day in a maiden special weight race at Churchill Downs on Sunday in her second career start.
Perfect Story, a half-sister to 2001 Preakness, Belmont and and Travers (all gr. I) winner Point Given, ran a powerful debut race for owner John Oxley Saturday at Keeneland, losing by about a length to Belle of Perintown after taking the lead in the stretch with a wide move.
Prince Ahmed Salman, who won two-thirds of the 2001 Triple Crown with subsequent Horse of the Year Point Given, registered a hat trick at the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders luncheon scheduled for April 24 at Keeneland.
From Thunder Gulch's second crop, Point Given appears poised to make a run at the 2001 Derby, giving the Mr. Prospector line another strong player to extend the dynasty. If successful, Thunder Gulch would join Unbridled (Grindstone) as the most recent Derby winner to sire a Derby winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine