A striking chestnut filly by Distorted Humor and a half sister to Point Given sells for $875,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale.
Turbo Launch, whose grandson Point Given was a Horse of the Year, died June 5 at Dr. Tom Bowman's farm in Maryland.
Two top fillies are out of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
John Oxley's Perfect Story, a half-sister to Horse of the Year Point Given, drew off to a 3 3/4-length victory under jockey Pat Day in a maiden special weight race at Churchill Downs on Sunday in her second career start.
Perfect Story, a half-sister to 2001 Preakness, Belmont and and Travers (all gr. I) winner Point Given, ran a powerful debut race for owner John Oxley Saturday at Keeneland, losing by about a length to Belle of Perintown after taking the lead in the stretch with a wide move.
Prince Ahmed Salman, who won two-thirds of the 2001 Triple Crown with subsequent Horse of the Year Point Given, registered a hat trick at the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders luncheon scheduled for April 24 at Keeneland.
From Thunder Gulch's second crop, Point Given appears poised to make a run at the 2001 Derby, giving the Mr. Prospector line another strong player to extend the dynasty. If successful, Thunder Gulch would join Unbridled (Grindstone) as the most recent Derby winner to sire a Derby winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Xtra Heat Halter to be Auctioned
- Rock Fall Looks to Step Up in Vanderbilt
- Imagining Heads Tough Bowling Green at Spa
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Saratoga's PDJF Awareness Day Events Aug. 1