Mac the Man gave trainer Jeff Greenhill his first stakes win in Kentucky Jan. 5, taking the $50,000 Turfway Prevue at Turfway Park by an easy four lengths over Smokinindaboysroom.
Inhisglory, an impressive allowance winner last out at Turfway Park and two-for-three as a juvenile, will begin his 3-year-old campaign as one of the horses to beat in the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes Jan. 8.
The John Battaglia Memorial Stakes, the last of three preps on the way to the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), drew a field of eight 3-year-olds led by Kera's Kitten and graded stakes placed Codoy.
Longshot Z. I. Zipp scored an upset in the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes at Turfway Park Jan. 2, jumping immediately to the lead and drawing off to win by 4 1/4 lengths under a hand ride by Tom Pompell.
Loch Dubh proved himself a good investment Jan. 3 at Turfway Park, drawing off to win the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes in his second start off a $15,000 claim at Churchill Downs.
The 3-year-old gelding, a former claimer, looks for his second consecutive stakes win Feb. 2 at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic