The Fine Equinity system recorded Mubtaahij working four furlongs in :49.70, with a final three furlongs in :35.30. The last quarter of the work was timed in equal splits of :11.50 seconds, home in :23 flat.
Cited by trainer Mike de Kock as the best filly he has trained, Sheikh Hamdan's brilliant filly Majmu scored the second group I win of her career in the Laurie Jaffee Empress Club Stakes (SAf-I) at Turffontein.
Trainer Sean Tarry dominated racing at Turffontein on Classic Day on Saturday, March 28, saddling four group winners on the 11-race card.
Louis The King, winner of last season's SASCOC Triple Crown, ran out a popular winner of the Sansui Summer Cup (SAf-I) as the favorite at Turffontein in South Africa Nov. 29.
South African racing history was made at Turffontein racecourse April 26 when Louis The King captured the South African Derby (SAf-I) by a length to become just the second horse to win the nation's SASOC Triple Crown.
Gauteng trainer Geoff Woodruff's runners, led by the winner Yorker and runner-up Master Sabina, dominated the Sansui Summer Cup (SAf-I) Nov. 30 at Turffontein in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Promising Silvano colt Tellina ran out a convincing winner of the Bettingworld Gauteng Guineas (SAf-II) at Turffontein in South Africa March 2.
Apache Cat absolutely trounced his rivals in the May 24 Doomben 10,000 (Aus-I). He won by nearly five lengths, easing down over the last half furlong and creating Australian racing history by being the first horse in over 50 years to have won five group I races in succession.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Changes Eyed for KY Breeders' Incentive Fund
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Case Against Pena Results in Three-Year Ban
- Houghton, Radosevich Win Mahoning Titles
- NY Approves Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket