Dan Farley, an award-winning turf writer and former president of the National Turf Writers Association, died May 1, in a Mechanicsville, Va., hospital. He was 72.
Art Grace covered racing for The Blood-Horse for more than 30 years. read blog
The Maryland racing community lost one of its most prominent members when award-winning journalist and racing historian Joseph B. Kelly passed away Nov. 26 after a short battle with cancer. He was 94.
Barry Irwin comments on Kentucky Derby 137 and Went the Day Well who is set to run in Derby 138. watch video
Longtime turf writer Larry Bortstein will be remembered at the Frontrunner Restaurant at Santa Anita.
Larry Bortstein worked for more than 40 years as a sportswriter. For the past 17 years, he worked for the Orange County Register.
Turf writer Debra Ginsburg of the California Thoroughbred died June 30 after a short illness. She was 51.
Patrick W. Lynch, long a turfwriter and a former vice president of the New York Racing Association, died Monday after a lengthy illness, 10 days before his 85th birthday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Catch a Glimpse Breezes for Breeders' Cup
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC