Stormofthecentury collared pacemaker Tightend Touchdown in deep stretch to capture the $350,000 Turf Monster Handicap (gr. IIIT) in a 28-1 upset at Parx Racing, denying favored Ben's Cat a third straight victory in the race.
After prepping with a clear victory in the Parx Dash Handicap (gr. III) July 5, Ben's Cat will try to win the $350,000 Turf Monster Handicap (gr. III) for a third straight season Sept. 2 at Parx Racing.
Favored Ben's Cat surged from third in the final furlong to nip Chamberlain Bridge by a head, winning the $350,000 Turf Monster Handicap (gr. IIIT) for the second year in a row Sept. 3 over soft going at Parx Racing.
Veteran turf sprinters Ben's Cat and Chamberlain Bridge, who have combined to win the past three renewals of the Turf Monster Handicap (gr. IIIT), head the field for this year's $350,000 race Sept. 3 at Parx Racing.
A gelded son of Parker's Storm Cat swept Pennsylvania's top turf sprints when he captured the $350,000 Turf Monster Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Parx Racing.
Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack released a 2008 stakes schedule Feb. 21 that calls for 31 stakes to be run over the track's 12-month calendar, with purses totaling a record $5.475 million.
Edith R. Dixon's homebred Smart Enough opened up a 2 1/2-length win in the stretch and held on nicely for Joe Bravo to win the $200,000 Turf Monster Handicap in course record time on the turf at Philadelphia Park Sept. 3.
Richard Englander's Abderian rallied from last in a field of ten to win the $100,000 Turf Monster Handicap Monday at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015