The Hollywood Turf Festival offers something for everyone over the long holiday weekend, and sprinters get their chance Nov. 29 in the $150,000 Turf Express Handicap (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs.
Irish group II winner Van Nistelrooy was represented by his first North American 2-year-old winner when his daughter Maileys Cat won the June 9 TTA Sales Futurity.
Millionaire Running Stag, a former leading Florida stallion, will stand in 2007 at Turf Express Stud near Collinsville, Texas.
A record price for a broodmare or racing prospect offered at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale was established Feb. 13 at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington, Ky., when Somethinaboutlaura was sold for $375,000.
A field of eight 3-year-old fillies has been drawn for Saturday's $100,000 Lone Star Oaks at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Classic winner Commendable's first winner came June 17 at Lone Star Park when I'm On T. V. won at 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:05.09 in her first start.
Miss Bridget Jones dueled with favored Letithappencaptain into the stretch and drew away to a three-length victory in Saturday's $150,000 Stonerside Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track