Tumblebrutus, a grade 2-placed full brother to Giant's Causeway, got his 25th black-type stakes winner March 24 when Chilean-bred Vinocrata won the listed Luis Subercaseaux E. Stakes at Club Hipico de Santiago.
- By Esther Marr
University of Kentucky student Sean Feld and alumnus Billy Ajello have defied the notion one must reach a particular age or gain a certain level of experience to invest in the Thoroughbred industry.
Group II stakes-placed Tumblebrutus, a full brother to prominent freshman sire Giant's Causeway, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at John T.L. Jones III and Robert Trussell's Walmac International near Lexington.
Aidan O'Brien saddles favored One Cool Cat for Saturday's 2,000 Guineas (Eng-I), which attracted 14 runners to Newmarket for Saturday's English Classic.
Trainer Todd Pletcher seeks to continue his winning ways with 2-year-olds when he saddles Value Plus in Sunday's $200,000 Futurity (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Pearl of Love and jockey Darryll Holland made every step a winning one in winning the Galileo Futurity Stakes (Ire-II) impressively by 3 1/2 lenghts at The Curragh on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting