Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Thunder was more than an accompaniment as lightning struck twice in the same place when Tully Thunder won the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) in Adelaide on May 4. Ridden flawlessly by Damien Oliver, the Thunder Gulch daughter won the 2,000 meters classic by three-quarters of a length from She's Archie.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016