Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Thunder was more than an accompaniment as lightning struck twice in the same place when Tully Thunder won the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) in Adelaide on May 4. Ridden flawlessly by Damien Oliver, the Thunder Gulch daughter won the 2,000 meters classic by three-quarters of a length from She's Archie.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms