Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Thunder was more than an accompaniment as lightning struck twice in the same place when Tully Thunder won the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) in Adelaide on May 4. Ridden flawlessly by Damien Oliver, the Thunder Gulch daughter won the 2,000 meters classic by three-quarters of a length from She's Archie.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start