Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Thunder was more than an accompaniment as lightning struck twice in the same place when Tully Thunder won the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) in Adelaide on May 4. Ridden flawlessly by Damien Oliver, the Thunder Gulch daughter won the 2,000 meters classic by three-quarters of a length from She's Archie.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records