Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Thunder was more than an accompaniment as lightning struck twice in the same place when Tully Thunder won the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) in Adelaide on May 4. Ridden flawlessly by Damien Oliver, the Thunder Gulch daughter won the 2,000 meters classic by three-quarters of a length from She's Archie.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances