Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Thunder was more than an accompaniment as lightning struck twice in the same place when Tully Thunder won the Australasian Oaks (Aust-I) in Adelaide on May 4. Ridden flawlessly by Damien Oliver, the Thunder Gulch daughter won the 2,000 meters classic by three-quarters of a length from She's Archie.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows