After a brief freshening, Germania Farms' Abbondanza roared back into action with a victory in the $85,000 Fire Plug Stakes for older horses on Martin Luther King Day Monday at Laurel Park.
Kinsman Stable's Ebony Breeze heads a field of nine in the $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III) at Delaware Park Saturday, a six-furlong affair for fillies and mares.
A new jockey, weight break and aluminum pads for her sore feet helped make favored Sensibly Chic a winner in the $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Sunday at Belmont Park.
The last time he raced at Pimlico, Yankee Wildcat set the five-furlong turf track record. Saturday, on a yielding course, he merely blew away his opposition to win the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes for Maryland breds.
Germania Farms' Abbondanza received a rail-skimming ride from Ramon Dominguez and held off the late rally of Bwana Charlie to win the Hirsch Jacobs Stakes by a head on the Preakness undercard Saturday.
With eight juvenile colts going in the five-furlong Flash Stakes (gr. III), anything can happen.
Buster's Daydream made Saratoga's Sanford Stakes (gr. II) his fourth win in a row with an impressive 5 1/2-length win over a muddy track. The 4-1 third choice in the field, Buster's Daydream and jockey John Velazquez had the jump on the field at the break and never let a rival get a nose in front.
S.J. Bee Stable's Buster's Daydream reprised his success in the Flash Stakes (gr. III) with a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $106,300 Tremont Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
In what he hopes is a preview of Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), trainer John Ward Jr. scored a big triumph in the $200,000 grade I Acorn with 50-1 shot Forest Secrets.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses