After a brief freshening, Germania Farms' Abbondanza roared back into action with a victory in the $85,000 Fire Plug Stakes for older horses on Martin Luther King Day Monday at Laurel Park.
Kinsman Stable's Ebony Breeze heads a field of nine in the $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III) at Delaware Park Saturday, a six-furlong affair for fillies and mares.
A new jockey, weight break and aluminum pads for her sore feet helped make favored Sensibly Chic a winner in the $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Sunday at Belmont Park.
The last time he raced at Pimlico, Yankee Wildcat set the five-furlong turf track record. Saturday, on a yielding course, he merely blew away his opposition to win the $75,000 Mister Diz Stakes for Maryland breds.
Germania Farms' Abbondanza received a rail-skimming ride from Ramon Dominguez and held off the late rally of Bwana Charlie to win the Hirsch Jacobs Stakes by a head on the Preakness undercard Saturday.
With eight juvenile colts going in the five-furlong Flash Stakes (gr. III), anything can happen.
Buster's Daydream made Saratoga's Sanford Stakes (gr. II) his fourth win in a row with an impressive 5 1/2-length win over a muddy track. The 4-1 third choice in the field, Buster's Daydream and jockey John Velazquez had the jump on the field at the break and never let a rival get a nose in front.
S.J. Bee Stable's Buster's Daydream reprised his success in the Flash Stakes (gr. III) with a 1 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $106,300 Tremont Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
In what he hopes is a preview of Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), trainer John Ward Jr. scored a big triumph in the $200,000 grade I Acorn with 50-1 shot Forest Secrets.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding