Tugger, the first mare bred to two-time champion sprinter Benny the Bull, is in foal.
Cat Cay rallied from last to nip Raging Fever at the wire to win Friday's $100,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park. Under Pat Day, the Claude "Shug" McGaughey-trained 5-year-old mare completed the seven furlongs in 1:22.31 on a fast track.
Raging Fever will go to post under high weight of 120 pounds in Friday's $100,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park as the six-time stakes winner will attempt to continue the bicoastal hot streak of 4-year-old fillies owned by Edward Evans and trained by Mark Hennig.
Fox Hill Farms' Zonk utilized a big middle move to win Saturday's $113,400 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct. Under C.C. Lopez, Zonk completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.58 on a fast track to win by a length over People's Princess.
Ogden Phipps' homebred Cat Cay beat pacesetting Tugger by a head in Aqueduct's Friday feature, the 62nd running of the grade II, $150,000 Top Flight Handicap for fillies and mare
Atelier, a solid fourth last out in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), will carry high weight into the grade II, $150,000 Top Flight Handicap Friday at Aqueduct. A good field of nine will face the starter.
Left Bank beat Squirtle Squirt by a half-length to win Saturday's $300,000 Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, giving trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey John Velazquez their second stakes wins on the card.
Critical Eye pulled away to a 6 1/2-length victory over Eventail in the $200,000 Honey Bee Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Gazelle Handicap (gr. I) winner Critical Eye returns to the races as the 121-pound highweight in the $200,000 Honey Bee Stakes (gr. III) Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate