A Street Cry half brother to three-time Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) winner Makybe Diva topped the third and final day of session one of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia.
Makybe Diva is a heavy 6-4 pre-post favorite to add the $3-million (Australian funds) W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) on Oct. 22. Bookmaking firms nationally reported an avalanche of money for the Diva on the eve of the race.
It has gone past the crest of a winning wave now -- it has become tidal in its appearance. That's about as accurate a description as one can make of this buying frenzy in Australia as day two of William Inglis & Son's Australian Easter sale ended.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Back Home in Sherman Barn
- Six Supplemented to F-T November Sale
- Spendthrift Releases Full List of 2016 Fees
- Dramedy Retired, to Stand at War Horse Place
- Red Giant Filly Tops OBS First Session
- Dubawi Colt Sells for Book 2 Record Price
- Jack Milton to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton
- Shotgun Kowboy Tackles OK Classics Cup
- Houston Racetrack Owner Dies in Accident
- Midas Touch to Rockridge Stud in 2016