A Street Cry half brother to three-time Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) winner Makybe Diva topped the third and final day of session one of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia.
Makybe Diva is a heavy 6-4 pre-post favorite to add the $3-million (Australian funds) W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) on Oct. 22. Bookmaking firms nationally reported an avalanche of money for the Diva on the eve of the race.
It has gone past the crest of a winning wave now -- it has become tidal in its appearance. That's about as accurate a description as one can make of this buying frenzy in Australia as day two of William Inglis & Son's Australian Easter sale ended.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets