A Street Cry half brother to three-time Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) winner Makybe Diva topped the third and final day of session one of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia.
Makybe Diva is a heavy 6-4 pre-post favorite to add the $3-million (Australian funds) W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) on Oct. 22. Bookmaking firms nationally reported an avalanche of money for the Diva on the eve of the race.
It has gone past the crest of a winning wave now -- it has become tidal in its appearance. That's about as accurate a description as one can make of this buying frenzy in Australia as day two of William Inglis & Son's Australian Easter sale ended.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail