A Street Cry half brother to three-time Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) winner Makybe Diva topped the third and final day of session one of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia.
Makybe Diva is a heavy 6-4 pre-post favorite to add the $3-million (Australian funds) W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) on Oct. 22. Bookmaking firms nationally reported an avalanche of money for the Diva on the eve of the race.
It has gone past the crest of a winning wave now -- it has become tidal in its appearance. That's about as accurate a description as one can make of this buying frenzy in Australia as day two of William Inglis & Son's Australian Easter sale ended.
Most Popular Stories
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014