A Street Cry half brother to three-time Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) winner Makybe Diva topped the third and final day of session one of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia.
Makybe Diva is a heavy 6-4 pre-post favorite to add the $3-million (Australian funds) W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) on Oct. 22. Bookmaking firms nationally reported an avalanche of money for the Diva on the eve of the race.
It has gone past the crest of a winning wave now -- it has become tidal in its appearance. That's about as accurate a description as one can make of this buying frenzy in Australia as day two of William Inglis & Son's Australian Easter sale ended.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey