Trainer Julio Canani said he was completely surprised to awake Thursday morning and see rain outside his hotel window. Canani would prefer firm footing for the March 28 Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) on turf but was philosophical about the potential for a course with give to it.
Jockey Craig Williams partnered Niconero in his work the morning of March 24 to prepare for the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) and reported the 7-year-old was in good shape.
Darren Beadman has had just three rides on superstar mare Tuesday Joy (Carnegie-Joie Denise) and all three have been at group I level. He has landed her home the winner on each occasion.
Champion jockey Darren Beadman is a genius, according to leviathan owner John Singleton after the elated owner watched the rider steer his mare Tuesday Joy to a group I victory at Canterbury Park in Sydney April 5.
Former coal miner Nathan Tinkler has been investing in the industry and now has his first big winner in Casino Prince, winner of the group I Chipping Norton Stakes.
Rena Lady, by a classic-winning Danehill son, sprung an upset in the Australain Oaks (Aus-I) at Randwick on April 11.
On a rain swept Randwick oval April 7, Fiumicino won the Australian Derby (Aus-I) April 7 to make Zabeel the only stallion to sire four winners of the prestigious race.
Trainer Gai Waterhouse had to work overtime to convince owner John Singleton and his racing manager, Duncan Grimley, to even run Tuesday Joy in the Coolmore-sponsored Tad Kennedy Stakes (Aus-I) March 17. She responded with a game win in the mud at Rosehill.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill