Advance deposit wagering via phone began Jan. 31 in Arizona, according to the Arizona Department of Racing. However, for the time being, residents of Pima County won't be permitted to wager on Thoroughbred races.
Turf Paradise hopes to improve upon the previous season's record daily purse distribution at its 2007-08 race meet, which commenced Oct. 5. So far, things seems headed in the right direction.
Bettors in the Tucson, Ariz., area are again able to wager on horseracing simulcasts, but whether that will be the case in early September remains to be seen.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Ohio Plans to Test Horses for Cobalt Levels
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail