The devastation in Japan that was caused by an earthquake and a tsunami March 11 did little harm to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation in Japan.
Roy Lerman, owner of Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla., will hold two stallion season auctions on eBay, with all proceeds going to the Tsunami Relief Fund.
The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association announced Jan. 7 it has signed a new contract with Penn National Gaming Inc., owner of Charles Town Races & Slots, which increases the number of live racing dates per year.
WinStar Farm, owned by Bill Casner and Kenny Troutt, is donating $100,000 to establish a Thoroughbred industry fund to assist in the relief efforts associated with the Indian Ocean tsunami.
Coolmore stallion owners are donating one nomination to everyone of their stallions worldwide to aid humanitarian efforts following last weekend's earthquake-tsunami catastrophe in Asia, it was announced Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014