The devastation in Japan that was caused by an earthquake and a tsunami March 11 did little harm to Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation in Japan.
Roy Lerman, owner of Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla., will hold two stallion season auctions on eBay, with all proceeds going to the Tsunami Relief Fund.
The Charles Town Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association announced Jan. 7 it has signed a new contract with Penn National Gaming Inc., owner of Charles Town Races & Slots, which increases the number of live racing dates per year.
WinStar Farm, owned by Bill Casner and Kenny Troutt, is donating $100,000 to establish a Thoroughbred industry fund to assist in the relief efforts associated with the Indian Ocean tsunami.
Coolmore stallion owners are donating one nomination to everyone of their stallions worldwide to aid humanitarian efforts following last weekend's earthquake-tsunami catastrophe in Asia, it was announced Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas