Delightful Kiss proved his 3 1/2-length victory in the Ohio Derby (gr. II) at odds of 24-1 earlier this month was no fluke when he rallied six wide in the stretch to capture the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Friday night.
Delightful Kiss, the 24-1 upset winner of the June 2 Ohio Derby (gr. II), will be striving for his second big win in the June 29 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows. The Iowa Derby, worth $250,000, is the richest of three stakes on the June 29 card.
Jockey David Flores registered his 3,000th North American win Sunday when his substitute mount Time to Get Even rallied on the outside to catch favored Principle Secret in the final couple of strides and win the $109,700 Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) by a neck at Hollywood Park.
Principle Secret, one of the country's most heralded 2-year-olds in 2006, will try to turn the tables on unbeaten Try To Fly as he makes his second 2007 start in Sunday's contentious Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Newly relocated apprentice sensation Joseph Talamo registered his first Santa Anita stakes victory aboard talented Try to Fly in Saturday's $83,250 San Pedro for 3-year-olds at 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner