Super Freaky tries to end a four-race losing streak while facing older fillies and mares for the first time when she returns to her favorite turf course at Santa Anita for the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 26, the opening day of the Oak Tree meeting.
Behaving Badly, the 3-5 favorite under jockey Victor Espinoza, provided trainer Bob Baffert with a record 75th stakes success at Del Mar Friday evening as she breezed to victory in the featured $200,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares.
Defending champion Behaving Badly, owned by Patti and Hal Earnhardt III and trained by Bob Baffert, will lead five other fillies and mares into Friday's $200,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the main track at 6 1/2 furlongs.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile