Super Freaky tries to end a four-race losing streak while facing older fillies and mares for the first time when she returns to her favorite turf course at Santa Anita for the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 26, the opening day of the Oak Tree meeting.
Behaving Badly, the 3-5 favorite under jockey Victor Espinoza, provided trainer Bob Baffert with a record 75th stakes success at Del Mar Friday evening as she breezed to victory in the featured $200,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares.
Defending champion Behaving Badly, owned by Patti and Hal Earnhardt III and trained by Bob Baffert, will lead five other fillies and mares into Friday's $200,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the main track at 6 1/2 furlongs.
Grade II winner Attima, trained by Julio Canani, leads 10 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- 'Cups King' Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- PR Leader Ed Lewi Passes on Travers Day
- Kawi Handy Winner of Makfi Challenge
- Boban Prevails in Spirited Memsie Finish
- HKJC's Promotes Harding to Executive Post
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes