Bridgetown earned his first graded stakes win since 2009 when he ground out a one-length advantage in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland.
John Velazquez rode three winners Friday, including two for leading trainer Todd Pletcher, to break the single-season jockey victory total at Saratoga Race Course that he set last year.
Dubai Destination, a $1.5 million Keeneland July sale purchase owned by Godolphin Racing, won his first stakes race Friday at Doncaster in the Rothmans Royals Champagne Stakes (Eng-II). It was the colt's third start, and his impressive victory made has made him the favorite for next season's Sagitta 2000 Guineas. Godolphin's Ekraar won the Amco Corp. Troy Stakes the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double