Bridgetown earned his first graded stakes win since 2009 when he ground out a one-length advantage in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland.
John Velazquez rode three winners Friday, including two for leading trainer Todd Pletcher, to break the single-season jockey victory total at Saratoga Race Course that he set last year.
Dubai Destination, a $1.5 million Keeneland July sale purchase owned by Godolphin Racing, won his first stakes race Friday at Doncaster in the Rothmans Royals Champagne Stakes (Eng-II). It was the colt's third start, and his impressive victory made has made him the favorite for next season's Sagitta 2000 Guineas. Godolphin's Ekraar won the Amco Corp. Troy Stakes the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate