Bridgetown earned his first graded stakes win since 2009 when he ground out a one-length advantage in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland.
John Velazquez rode three winners Friday, including two for leading trainer Todd Pletcher, to break the single-season jockey victory total at Saratoga Race Course that he set last year.
Dubai Destination, a $1.5 million Keeneland July sale purchase owned by Godolphin Racing, won his first stakes race Friday at Doncaster in the Rothmans Royals Champagne Stakes (Eng-II). It was the colt's third start, and his impressive victory made has made him the favorite for next season's Sagitta 2000 Guineas. Godolphin's Ekraar won the Amco Corp. Troy Stakes the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity