Bridgetown earned his first graded stakes win since 2009 when he ground out a one-length advantage in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland.
John Velazquez rode three winners Friday, including two for leading trainer Todd Pletcher, to break the single-season jockey victory total at Saratoga Race Course that he set last year.
Dubai Destination, a $1.5 million Keeneland July sale purchase owned by Godolphin Racing, won his first stakes race Friday at Doncaster in the Rothmans Royals Champagne Stakes (Eng-II). It was the colt's third start, and his impressive victory made has made him the favorite for next season's Sagitta 2000 Guineas. Godolphin's Ekraar won the Amco Corp. Troy Stakes the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Team Valor Buys Half Sister to Songbird
- Old Fashioned to Stand in South Korea
- Whitmore Gets Green Light for Southwest
- Mare In Foal to Scat Daddy Brings $210,000
- Racetrack Vet Group Takes Proactive Approach
- Taking Shergar
- Delta Downs Bans New Mexico, Arizona Horses
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Nyquist Speedy in Final Work for San Vicente