Bridgetown earned his first graded stakes win since 2009 when he ground out a one-length advantage in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland.
John Velazquez rode three winners Friday, including two for leading trainer Todd Pletcher, to break the single-season jockey victory total at Saratoga Race Course that he set last year.
Dubai Destination, a $1.5 million Keeneland July sale purchase owned by Godolphin Racing, won his first stakes race Friday at Doncaster in the Rothmans Royals Champagne Stakes (Eng-II). It was the colt's third start, and his impressive victory made has made him the favorite for next season's Sagitta 2000 Guineas. Godolphin's Ekraar won the Amco Corp. Troy Stakes the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015