Bridgetown earned his first graded stakes win since 2009 when he ground out a one-length advantage in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland.
John Velazquez rode three winners Friday, including two for leading trainer Todd Pletcher, to break the single-season jockey victory total at Saratoga Race Course that he set last year.
Dubai Destination, a $1.5 million Keeneland July sale purchase owned by Godolphin Racing, won his first stakes race Friday at Doncaster in the Rothmans Royals Champagne Stakes (Eng-II). It was the colt's third start, and his impressive victory made has made him the favorite for next season's Sagitta 2000 Guineas. Godolphin's Ekraar won the Amco Corp. Troy Stakes the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- El Kabeir in Sharp Drill for Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- Duramente Storms Home in Japanese Guineas
- I'm a Chatterbox Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Lone Star Cancels Part of April 18 Race Card
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout