Bridgetown earned his first graded stakes win since 2009 when he ground out a one-length advantage in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 6 at Keeneland.
John Velazquez rode three winners Friday, including two for leading trainer Todd Pletcher, to break the single-season jockey victory total at Saratoga Race Course that he set last year.
Dubai Destination, a $1.5 million Keeneland July sale purchase owned by Godolphin Racing, won his first stakes race Friday at Doncaster in the Rothmans Royals Champagne Stakes (Eng-II). It was the colt's third start, and his impressive victory made has made him the favorite for next season's Sagitta 2000 Guineas. Godolphin's Ekraar won the Amco Corp. Troy Stakes the same day.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen