Turf Paradise's 49th season of racing ended Sunday, with the Phoenix, Arizona track reporting a 2% across-the-board increase in wagering during the 160-day stand (seven days of racing were cancelled due to extreme weather).
Black Bart, vanned off the Hollywood Park track with a hock injury after taking a bad step in the stretch run of Saturday's Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), was euthanized.
Black Bart, a $16,000 claim who has earned $219,909 for his new connections in about six months, goes after his first graded victory on Sunday in Hollywood Park's $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Wednesday at Saratoga
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52