Turf Paradise's 49th season of racing ended Sunday, with the Phoenix, Arizona track reporting a 2% across-the-board increase in wagering during the 160-day stand (seven days of racing were cancelled due to extreme weather).
Black Bart, vanned off the Hollywood Park track with a hock injury after taking a bad step in the stretch run of Saturday's Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), was euthanized.
Black Bart, a $16,000 claim who has earned $219,909 for his new connections in about six months, goes after his first graded victory on Sunday in Hollywood Park's $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races