The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. yearling sale didn't get pounded by Tropical Storm Fay, which rolled ashore in Florida Aug. 19. But the market did get battered by the reality of what happens to the demand for horses with modest pedigrees and physical attributes when the American economy is in the midst of a slump.
Calder Race Course will close its main track and training track for training Aug. 19 in anticipation of the effects of Tropical Storm Fay, which was moving across the Florida Straits the morning of Aug. 18. Simulcasting is also canceled at the Miami Gardens facility. No live racing was scheduled Aug. 18-20. Calder expects to reopen its tracks and simulcast facilities Aug. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win