Tropical Star, a dual group winner at Nad Al Sheba, where the 7-year-old made all 17 of his career starts, was euthanized Feb. 24, one month after winning the Al Shindagha Sprint (UAE-III), the Dubai Racing Club and Emirates Racing Authority announced.
As expected the Americans won the Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) over six furlongs on the dirt, but it was not hot favorite Pico Central who took the honors but George Weaver's Saratoga Country who landed the spoils under Javier Castellano.
The opening night of the inaugural Dubai International Racing Carnival would certainly have to be deemed a success, as 26 of the international horses trained on the Nad Al Sheba track lined up in the five Thoroughbred races.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Russell, Gonzalez Take Laurel Winter Titles
- Roodle & Riddle, EquiMarker Analytics Partner
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- Graham, Amoss, Moss Take FG Meet Titles
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National