Tropical Star, a dual group winner at Nad Al Sheba, where the 7-year-old made all 17 of his career starts, was euthanized Feb. 24, one month after winning the Al Shindagha Sprint (UAE-III), the Dubai Racing Club and Emirates Racing Authority announced.
As expected the Americans won the Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) over six furlongs on the dirt, but it was not hot favorite Pico Central who took the honors but George Weaver's Saratoga Country who landed the spoils under Javier Castellano.
The opening night of the inaugural Dubai International Racing Carnival would certainly have to be deemed a success, as 26 of the international horses trained on the Nad Al Sheba track lined up in the five Thoroughbred races.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Gainesway's Karakontie First Foal Arrives
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?