Officials at Calder Casino & Race Course announced a 20 percent purse increase Nov. 22, a hike set to begin with the Nov. 24 racing program.
Calder Casino & Race Course announced Nov. 19 a reduction to overnight purses at the current Tropical Meet, as well as changes to the meet's stakes schedule as part of the ongoing effort to manage the track's overall position
Calder Casino & Race Course announced its stakes schedules for both the 2010 Calder Meet and 2010 Tropical Meet March 25.
Calder Casino & Race Course concluded its 47-day Tropical Meet on Jan. 2 with Kathleen O'Connell highlighting the session by becoming the first woman to win a training title in the 39-year history of the Florida racetrack.
Calder Race Course announced Dec. 12 that due to the continuing overpayment of purses at the current Tropical Meet, the racetrack is cancelling three stakes races from the schedule: the $100,000 Stage Door Betty Handicap (gr. III) and $100,000 Frances Genter Stakes (gr. III) on Dec. 27, and the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. III) on Jan. 1. The 2008/09 Tropical Meet ends on Jan. 2, 2009.
Lower than expected handle and attendance has forced Calder Race Course to reduce its daily purses by approximately $10,000 beginning with races scheduled for Nov. 15.
Calder Race Course ended its 120-day Calder meet Oct. 16 with declines in attendance and wagering from a year ago.
Calder Race Course concluded its 32nd Tropical meet on Friday, Jan. 2.
Calder Race Course concluded its 31st Tropical meet on Thursday, Jan. 2. The meet, which traditionally kicks off the winter racing season in south Florida, offered 53 days of Thoroughbred horse racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Equine Infections Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green