Apprentice jockey Jermaine Bridgmohan rode his 85th winner of the 2006-07 Tropical at Calder meet on Dec. 20 to set a record for most winners by a jockey during the season.
Calder Race Course has announced its 2006 stakes schedules for the Calder and Tropical at Calder meets. Traditional events, such as the Summit of Speed and the Festival of the Sun, will again be held during the summer meet, but some exciting new concepts will also be introduced.
Calder Race Course closed out its Tropical at Calder meet Jan. 2, with an increase in total wagering, including all sources and all days.
Calder Race Course concluded its 31st Tropical meet on Thursday, Jan. 2. The meet, which traditionally kicks off the winter racing season in south Florida, offered 53 days of Thoroughbred horse racing.
The fall/winter Tropical-at-Calder meet is revving up with the first winter arrivals from the north coming in daily in the weeks ahead. Saturday's features are the $60,000 Lulu's Ransom Stakes and $60,000 Fabulous Frolic Stakes for 2-year-old fillies and colts, respectively, at one mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer