Apprentice jockey Jermaine Bridgmohan rode his 85th winner of the 2006-07 Tropical at Calder meet on Dec. 20 to set a record for most winners by a jockey during the season.
Calder Race Course has announced its 2006 stakes schedules for the Calder and Tropical at Calder meets. Traditional events, such as the Summit of Speed and the Festival of the Sun, will again be held during the summer meet, but some exciting new concepts will also be introduced.
Calder Race Course closed out its Tropical at Calder meet Jan. 2, with an increase in total wagering, including all sources and all days.
Calder Race Course concluded its 31st Tropical meet on Thursday, Jan. 2. The meet, which traditionally kicks off the winter racing season in south Florida, offered 53 days of Thoroughbred horse racing.
The fall/winter Tropical-at-Calder meet is revving up with the first winter arrivals from the north coming in daily in the weeks ahead. Saturday's features are the $60,000 Lulu's Ransom Stakes and $60,000 Fabulous Frolic Stakes for 2-year-old fillies and colts, respectively, at one mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award