Kentucky Horse Park Museum Director Bill Cooke expands on the historical significance and dominance of Calumet Farm and talks about their trophy collection on display at the Kentucky Horse Park. Read more on the history of Calumet in our online feature Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend.
Darren Rogers, with Churchill Downs, arrives at Belmont Park with the Triple Crown trophy on June 4, 2014.
'This race puts you in the history books. Horse racing is built around these three races.' Read Blog
An authentic replication of Dust Commander's 1970 Kentucky Derby (gr.I) trophy didn't receive any bids on eBay, so the owner has re-listed it. The trophy has a starting bid of $100,000, and the auction ends Feb. 12.
An authentic replication of the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy is being offered on eBay. After Dust Commander won the race, his owner, the late Robert Lehmann, received special permission from Churchill Downs to have a duplicate made. The original was donated by his family to the Kentucky Derby Museum last year.
The anonymous bidder who recently purchased the gold winner's trophy earned by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby is no stranger to such hardware.
The Woodlawn Vase, presented annually to the winner of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), middle jewel of the Visa Triple Crown, will be on permanent display at the Baltimore Museum of Art, beginning later this month.
The trophy Seabiscuit won in the 1938 Agua Caliente Handicap, stolen in the early 1950s, was donated Thursday to the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Officials at the National Musuem of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., have called a press conference for next week to discuss the dramatic return of a Seabiscuit trophy stolen 50 years ago.
A George IV Silver Gilt Cup and Cover has been donated by F. Gorevic & Son to serve as the permanent trophy for the newly renamed $300,000 Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan Kentucky Derby Bid
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George