'This race puts you in the history books. Horse racing is built around these three races.' Read Blog
An authentic replication of Dust Commander's 1970 Kentucky Derby (gr.I) trophy didn't receive any bids on eBay, so the owner has re-listed it. The trophy has a starting bid of $100,000, and the auction ends Feb. 12.
An authentic replication of the 1970 Kentucky Derby trophy is being offered on eBay. After Dust Commander won the race, his owner, the late Robert Lehmann, received special permission from Churchill Downs to have a duplicate made. The original was donated by his family to the Kentucky Derby Museum last year.
The anonymous bidder who recently purchased the gold winner's trophy earned by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby is no stranger to such hardware.
The Woodlawn Vase, presented annually to the winner of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), middle jewel of the Visa Triple Crown, will be on permanent display at the Baltimore Museum of Art, beginning later this month.
The trophy Seabiscuit won in the 1938 Agua Caliente Handicap, stolen in the early 1950s, was donated Thursday to the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Officials at the National Musuem of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., have called a press conference for next week to discuss the dramatic return of a Seabiscuit trophy stolen 50 years ago.
A George IV Silver Gilt Cup and Cover has been donated by F. Gorevic & Son to serve as the permanent trophy for the newly renamed $300,000 Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online