The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: breed Triple Crown runners. read longform
An upcoming exhibit at the State Museum of Pennsylvania will feature a section dedicated to Smarty Jones, including his famed Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) trophies and excerpts from a new film documentary.
A new exhibition celebrating the achievements of Affirmed, the last Triple Crown winner, is open at the National Museum of Racing in Saratoga Springs, NY., through December 31.
A George IV Silver Gilt Cup and Cover has been donated by F. Gorevic & Son to serve as the permanent trophy for the newly renamed $300,000 Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- KY Derby: Zayats & Baffert - American Pharoah
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker