The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: breed Triple Crown runners. read longform
An upcoming exhibit at the State Museum of Pennsylvania will feature a section dedicated to Smarty Jones, including his famed Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) trophies and excerpts from a new film documentary.
A new exhibition celebrating the achievements of Affirmed, the last Triple Crown winner, is open at the National Museum of Racing in Saratoga Springs, NY., through December 31.
A George IV Silver Gilt Cup and Cover has been donated by F. Gorevic & Son to serve as the permanent trophy for the newly renamed $300,000 Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry