The Breeders' Cup announced today the introduction of the Breeders' Edition of the Breeders' Cup World Championship Trophy, which will be awarded to the breeder of the winner of each of the 2016 World Championship races.
The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: breed Triple Crown runners. read longform
An upcoming exhibit at the State Museum of Pennsylvania will feature a section dedicated to Smarty Jones, including his famed Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) trophies and excerpts from a new film documentary.
A new exhibition celebrating the achievements of Affirmed, the last Triple Crown winner, is open at the National Museum of Racing in Saratoga Springs, NY., through December 31.
A George IV Silver Gilt Cup and Cover has been donated by F. Gorevic & Son to serve as the permanent trophy for the newly renamed $300,000 Ogden Phipps Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm